Privacy Services for PIPEDA Compliance
On November 1, 2018 the Government of Canada’s PIPEDA legislation took effect. This legislation holds organizations accountable for protection and privacy of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that they collect and store
HLB System Solutions has developed a comprehensive suite of privacy services in response to PIPEDA’s requirements. Our Information Privacy Services identify, document, process and report on your information to reduce risk and build a record of the due diligence of your privacy program.
Why do you need a Privacy Program
Government of Canada’s PIPEDA legislation stipulates:
- Organizations must appoint an internal Privacy Officer
- Mandatory safeguarding of all Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Adherence to best practices regarding the collection, use, storage and retention of PII
- Mandatory record keeping of all data breaches
- Mandatory data breach reporting to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner
To assist your organization in complying, HLB is offering a PIPEDA education and compliance readiness package which includes:
Executive Session (2-3 hours)
- Introduction to PIPEDA – What do you need to know?
- Guided assessment of privacy risks and compliance standards
- Completion of a Privacy Workbook forming the foundation of your privacy program
- Assessment of the ongoing resources required to comply with PIPEDA
Employee Session (30 min)
- Employee Training on PIPEDA
Our team can walk you through all the aspects of PIPEDA compliance.