Adobe’s corporate strategy is to deliver innovation more quickly to customers through our cloud offerings — Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud. Their vision for Creative Cloud is to provide the creative community with a seamless, connected and productive environment where users can access apps, services, and support—wherever and whenever they want.
Effective June 1, 2014, Creative Cloud will be the exclusive source for future innovation to Adobe creative tools. This means that Adobe will not offer Creative Suite 6 software under the Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) or Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) as of June 1.
Adobe and authorized Adobe resellers like Dell will work closely with TLP and CLP customers to make sure the move to Creative Cloud is smooth and without disruption to your team’s projects. Individual CS6 products will continue to be available for purchase on Adobe.com—however, Adobe has no plans for future releases of Creative Suite or other CS products.
Adobe Creative Suite 6 FAQ
- What is changing in terms of Creative Suite 6 availability? Beginning June 1, 2014, Adobe will no longer sell Creative Suite 6 via the Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) or Transactional Licensing Program (TLP). This change will be applicable across commercial and government segments; there is no change for education customers. CS6 products will remain available for individual purchase via electronic download on Adobe.com. Adobe Acrobat and other Adobe products sold via CLP and TLP will remain available.
- Is Adobe ending the CLP and TLP? No, the CLP and TLP will continue to be available for other Adobe products. Acrobat and other products are still available for sale under the CLP and TLP, and there are no plans to remove Acrobat from the TLP or CLP in the near future.
- I still want to buy Creative Suite 6 licenses. What options do I have? CS6 suites and point products are available for individual purchase via electronic software download (ESD) on Adobe.com. Customers must pay with a credit card and will receive an individual serial number and download. We encourage you to consider Adobe Creative Cloud as an alternative.
- Why is Adobe removing CS6 from the TLP and CLP? In the spring of 2012, Adobe launched Creative Cloud — membership to Adobe’s full range of creative applications — with the belief that it would benefit customers by giving them access to Adobe tools and services as they’re updated. Adobe also announced that CS6 was their last perpetual software release. Since then, They have delivered over 500 new features exclusively to Creative Cloud members, and have over 1.4 million paid Creative Cloud members worldwide today. With more and more customers migrating to Creative Cloud, discontinuing CS6 from the TLP and CLP helps to simplify their creative offerings, and helps ensure thatcustomers get the latest and greatest tools and services.
- What is Adobe Creative Cloud for teams? Creative Cloud for teams brings together the very latest Creative Cloud desktop apps, updates, and upgrades the moment they are released—and all of the services and business features your team needs to create their best work and collaborate with their peers. Adobe offers two Creative Cloud for teams plans. The complete plan includes all CC apps and services; the single-app plan includes one app, such as Adobe Photoshop CC, and select services. With each option, you’ll receive access to the same easy-to-use web-based admin console that allows the administrator to centrally purchase, deploy, and manage all seats across your organization — whether single app or complete — under one membership agreement.
- I previously bought Acrobat and CS together on my CLP. Will I receive points for my Creative Cloud purchases on VIP to apply towards CLP? The Value Incentive Plan (VIP) and CLP are different and separate volume-based buying programs. Purchases of Acrobat and other Adobe products available on CLP will continue to accumulate points, and be used in the determination of your volume discount level. Unlike CLP, the VIP program offers transactional discounting. For more information on available discounts in VIP, contact your authorized Adobe reseller.